Top 50 most effective businesses in Vietnam honoured

15:19 | 13/07/2019 Companies

The Vietnam Investment Review in collaboration with Thien Viet Securities Company (TVS) organised a ceremony to honour the Top 50 most effective businesses in Vietnam (Top 50), in Ho Chi Minh City, on June 27.

At the event - Photo:

The results of this year's ranking depend on the business results of enterprises with the proportion of 70% divided equally between the two criteria of an average three-year average revenue growth and average return on equity (ROE) in three years. Meanwhile, the remaining 30% will be decided by the market through profit margin criteria for investors.

The survey showed that the market capitalisation of the top 50 reached more than US$98 billion, a slight increase compared to 2017 thanks to the initial public offering (IPO); in which, 17 companies with market capitalization value of over US$1 billion come from companies in the field of retail, consumer goods, banking, real estate, telecommunications technology and aviation.

This year, businesses in the top 50 unexpectedly accelerated strongly compared to last year when generating VND1.2 million (up 52%) and VND127,000 billion profit (up 47%). This demonstrates that outstanding business models in a consumer economy are accelerating in many respects.

In which, the top 10 most effective enterprises are still familiar stocks in the field of consumer goods, real estate and heavy industries. These companies all made a strong impression on revenue and profit indicators, especially capitalisation value. In which, there are some small-scale companies that still made an impression with remarkable profitability for their shareholders.

In addition to the top 50 effective business enterprises in 2018, this year's ranking also honoured 17 enterprises with market capitalisation of over US$1 billion.

In particular, the organising committee also honoured six enterprises, which were consistently ranked among the top 50 during the past eight years.

Speaking at the ceremony, Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade Do Thang Hai said the event honouring the top 50 effective business enterprises has a special meaning in regards to the government encouraging to promote the development of private firms, build a strong business community in Vietnam. The event is considered as an encouragement for businesses to continue and constantly strive in production and business activities.

Theo NDO