Kon Tum Province
10:03 | 30/11/2021 Events
(VEN) - On November 29, 2021, at Indochina Hotel, No. 30 Bach Dang St., Kon Tum City, there was a "Conference to discuss the investment plan to build a complex of high-tech agricultural projects in Kon Tum Province and the memorandum of understanding signing ceremony between Kon Tum Provincial People's Committee and Hung Nhon Group (Vietnam) and De Heus (the Netherlands)”.
|Discussion on the investment plan to build a complex of high-tech agricultural projects in Kon Tum Province and signing ceremony of memorandum of understanding between Kon Tum Provincial People’s Committee and Hung Nhon Group (Vietnam) and De Heus (the Netherlands)|
Attending the meeting were honored guests from the Embassy of the Kingdon of the Netherlands, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development of Vietnam; Leaders of Kon Tum Province, Hung Nhon Group (Vietnam), De Heus Group (the Netherlands); together with leaders of enterprises, partners with cooperative relationships with the two enterprises and press agencies.
Before the conference and the signing ceremony, the delegation of the Embassy of the Kingdon of the Netherlands in Vietnam was led by Mr. Willem Schoustra - Agricultural Counselor of the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Vietnam, Leaders of Vietnam's Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Representatives of Hung Nhon and De Heus went to Kon Tum Provincial People's Committee to greet provincial leaders.
Mr. Duong Van Trang - Member of the Party Central Committee, Secretary of the Provincial Party Committee, Chairman of the People's Council of Kon Tum Province; Mr. A Pot - Permanent Deputy Secretary of the Kon Tum Provincial Party Committee; Mr. Le Ngoc Tuan - Deputy Secretary of the Provincial Party Committee, Chairman of the People's Committee of Kon Tum Province; Mr. Nguyen Van Hoa - Deputy Secretary of Kon Tum Provincial Party Committee and leaders of Kon Tum Departments and Branches cordially welcomed the delegation.
At the reception, Mr. Duong Van Trang - Member of the Party Central Committee, Secretary of the Provincial Party Committee, Chairman of the People's Council of Kon Tum province warmly welcomed Mr. Willem Schoustra - Agricultural Counselor of the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Vietnam to come to Kon Tum Province. Mr. Duong Van Trang highly appreciated the relationship between Vietnam and the Netherlands, congratulated the achievements that the two countries have achieved in the past time. Mr. Duong Van Trang said that the two sides need to make more efforts in cooperation in the fields of economy, trade, investment, tourism, science, and technology... to bring practical benefits for the locality. Mr. Duong Van Trang also wished that during the tenure of Mr. Willem Schoustra, he would act as a bridge between Vietnam generally and Kon Tum particularly in promoting trade and investment between the two sides in strategic cooperation in the fields of sustainable agriculture and food security, water management, climate change, especially with products where the province has indicated its strengths such as coffee, cocoa, pepper, rubber, and Ngoc Linh Ginseng…
At the conference and the signing ceremony of the memorandum of understanding, Mr. Gabor Fluit and Mr. Vu Manh Hung - co-represented as investors, presented to the leaders of Kon Tum Province about the complex of high-tech agricultural project DHN Kon Tum", invested by De Heus and Hung Nhon Group.
With the long-term strategy and vision in developing high-tech agriculture value chain and disease free zone in the Central Highlands, following the successes achieved, the De Heus and Hung Nhon Group will invest and build the complex of hi-tech application area in Kon Tum province to produce high-quality agricultural products under a closed chain including: Selection and production of swine genetics; automatic slaughter plant; producing animal feed in the direction of organic; producing organic fertilizers & trading livestock products with top quality in Vietnam, aiming to export to Southeast Asia and Asia.
The total project scale is over 200 hectares, including the following items:
- Invest in several complexes of high-tech livestock and poultry areas.
- Livestock slaughter plants according to European standards.
- The main operating area combined with the service of tourist resort for foreign experts.
- High-tech agricultural farming area in the direction of organic.
- Develop the raw material serving area to the system of animal feed factories.
- Genetics research center and labor training in the field of high-tech agriculture
- Total estimated capital investment: US$65 million (equivalent to VND1.45 trillion).
In particular, the high productivity pig farm project in Kon Tum has a capacity of raising 2,500 great-grandparents and grandparents that are carefully selected to ensure good genetic resources. After the project is completed and put into operation, it is estimated that 24,000 parent swines and gilts will be delivered to the market. The entire breeding and feeding process is strictly controlled, in compliance with the standards of food sources, vaccinations, and technical manipulations to create and meet the increasing demand for GPs, PS and commercial gilts of high quality, contributing to improving livestock production efficiency, creating a source of clean agricultural products for the market, towards the establishment of a disease-free area.
Once completed, together with Dak Lak and Gia Lai, the high productivity pig farm project in Kon Tum will become a quick and reliable source of high-quality pig genetics for the Central Highlands, Southeast and Central Coast regions. At the same time, the project will create job opportunities for 250-300 ethnic minorities in Kon Tum, train human resources with expertise in high-value livestock, organic farming according to modern technology and transfer advanced farming technology for hundreds of workers, contributing to local economic development.
In 2021, it continues marking the strong cooperation and development of De Heus and Hung Nhon Group in the field of agriculture such as:
- April 2021: put into operation the Bel Ga Tay Ninh incubator factory on April 17, 2021, with a total investment of US$8.7 million, equivalent to VND200 billion, with a capacity of Phase 1: over 19 million one-day-old chicks per year and that in Phase 2: 38.4 million 1-day-old chicks per year.
- September 2021: Completed construction and put into operation the complex of DHN high-tech agricultural application project in Dak Lak Province, with a total scale of 200ha, total capital investment of more than US$66 million (equivalent to VND1.5 trillion).
- The complex of DHN high-tech agricultural application project in Chu Pu District, Gia Lai Province, with a scale of 100 hectares, total capital investment of about US$45 million (equivalent to VND1.03 trillion) has been approved for investment policy. investment on May 31, 2021, the project is rushing to complete the next steps to start construction at the end of 2021.
- To continue completing the complex of high-tech agricultural application DHN Tay Ninh - De Heus and Hung Nhon Group continue implementing and completing investment procedures in Tan Hoi Commune, Tan Chau District and Phuoc Binh Commune, Trang Bang District, Tay Ninh Province including:
- 2 parent chicken farms (with a capacity of 25 million eggs/year).
- 250 safe broiler farms (with a capacity of 25 million broiler chickens/year).
- Value chain of factories of producing and processing high quality agricultural products in a closed chain.
Total investment for the projects is expected to be about US$141.5 million (equivalent to mỏe than VND3.32 trillion).
With a vision and orientation from now to 2030, De Heus and Hung Nhon Group will continue to cooperate to expand and develop the chain of large-scale pig breeding projects and the epidemics-free zone in all provinces in the Central Highlands, with projects being invested in Dak Lak, Lam Dong, Gia Lai, Kon Tum, Dak Nong, Tay Ninh, and the Southeast and Southwest regions.
Targets for the pig genetics project until 2030:
- Capacity is about 10,000 GGPs & GPs
- Equivalent to 80,000 gilts per year.
- Equivalent to a capacity of about 200,000 sows.
- Equivalent to about 6 million pigs per year.
Total revenue is expected to be about US$2 billion, equivalent to VND46.5 trillion per year.
With the desire to share a part of the difficulties and contribute more resources to strengthen the prevention and control of the Covid-19 pandemic and ensure social security in Kon Tum Province, on the occasion of participating in today's conference, representatives of Hung Nhon Group, De Heus Group donated six Dutch Philips Monitor machines with five parameters to monitor patients, and partners donated 4,000 test kits to the Covid-19 Prevention Fund of Kon Tum Province, with a total amount of VND1 billion.
Besides, the Charm Group Joint Stock Company donated an additional amount of VND1 billion to the Kon Tum Poor Fund.
The investment cooperation in the complex of DHN Kon Tum high-tech agricultural application project will help De Heus and Hung Nhon Group complete the high-value closed-loop pig production and value chain, bringing healthy, disease-free, and productive genetics to Vietnamese farmers, in line with the agricultural economic development orientation, applying Industry 4.0 technology that the government and ministries are interested in. At the same time, once again promoting all available strengths of the two organizations, affirming the aspiration of De Heus and Hung Nhon Group in the mission of raising the value of Vietnamese agricultural products, creating high-value products; bringing long-term, sustainable benefits to partners and customers.