Le Hung Dung elected VFF president

14:18 | 28/03/2014 Entertainment

Overcoming the vote at the Vietnam Football Federation (VFF) Congress on the morning of March 25, Mr. Le Hung Dung, Chair of Eximbank, has become the ninth chair of the VFF.

VFF Chairman Le Hung Dung.

Dung, born in 1954, participated in many VFF tenures. He was the financial vice chair in the last tenures. In this role, Dung helped the national league have stable funding and the national team was taken care thoughtfully.

He also showed his influence on many important issues of the VFF. After VFF President Nguyen Trong Hy resigned in late 2013, Dung was the VFF Acting President.

At the VFF Congress yesterday, Dung was the only candidate for the VFF Chairmanship and he won 96.7 percent of the votes.

Dung is the first businessman to lead the VFF and is expected to bring comprehensive innovation to this organization to develop the football development strategy of Vietnam from now to 2020.

The VFF President expressed his determination to bring football closer to the audience and asserted the standpoint that football exists for not only itself but also the society. He also proposed comprehensive cooperation with Japan’s football league.

For the national team, Dung suggested the solutions for sustainable development in the future. Accordingly, the promising young players will be prioritized in training. He also asked the Japan Football Association to introduce a good candidate to coach the Vietnam national team.

The new VFF president also said to seek solutions to together with professional clubs to create more quality football academies like Hoang Anh Gia Lai - Arsenal JMG through a strong partnership with the European FCs.

Dung also said that VFF would ask the government to give incentives to build infrastructure facilities and help FCs in the training of young players. Dung hoped that in the next 7-10 years, Vietnam will have a new generation of young and talented footballers.

Dung promised to perform radical reforms at the VFF. For immediate missions, VFF will focus on the goal of bringing the women's soccer team to the World Cup 2015, the U19 team to the U20 World Cup and the success of the men’s national team at the AFF Cup 2014.

He confirmed that the national football team will have a new head coach in April 2014.

Vice Expertise President Tran Quoc Tuan and Vice Financial President Doan Nguyen Duc received 96.77 percents of the votes.

For the Vice President of Communications, Mr. Nguyen Xuan Gu is the winner with 53.33% of the votes while the remaining candidate – Mr. Nguyen Lan Trung had 46.66%./.

Source VietnamNet

 

 

Theo ven.vn