14:51 | 01/06/2017 Fashion & Life
A wide range of activities are taking place across the country to celebrate International Children's Day.
The Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union Central Committee, Southern Youth Centre and Gia Lai provincial Youth Union have presented 400 gifts worth VND200,000 each and 10 bicycles to disadvantaged students from schools in the province, including Bui Thi Xuan Primary School in Kong H’Tok commune, Le Loi Primary School in Ayun commune, Nguyen Cong Tru Primary School and Ly Tu Trong Secondary School in H’bong commune.
Earlier, CTC Gia Lai Joint Stock Company has also presented gifts worth VND 40 million to 150 disadvantaged children living in the SOS Children's Village, the provincial Social Protection Centre and Buu Chau pagoda.
* At the Pediatric Centre under Hue Central Hospital, the Children Support Fund of Thua Thien Hue province in collaboration with the Youth Union of the Hue University Of Medicine and Pharmacy and the Blue Blouse Volunteer Club have organised the ‘Festival of children’ programme and handed out gifts to patients who are being treated at the cancer centre and the pediatric center of the hospital. Nearly 400 patients treated at the hospital participated in games, singing, fashion shows and dragon dances. On the occasion, 400 gifts worth VND45 million and ten scholarships worth VND1 million each were awarded to disadvantaged children who are being treated there.
* On May 30, Vietnam Television, in cooperation with the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, and Phuong Dong Culture Joint Stock Company, held a press conference to introduce the ASEAN + Children Festival, which is taking place from May 29 to June 4 in Hanoi. The festival features the participation of the Republic of Korea and Chinese children's art troupes.
The second edition of the festival themed "A Journey of Discovery" showcases art performances of participating countries' children, and other cultural activities during the festival. The highlight of this year's festival is the opening art gala on the evening of June 1, broadcast live on Vietnam's national television, when "A Song of Peace" will be performed by children.
* On the same day, Standing Deputy Secretary of Ca Mau Provincial Party Committee Pham Bach Dang visited and presented 350 gifts to children at the Provincial Social Protection Centre, SOS Children's Village and Ca Mau Provincial Hospital.
* The Fund for Vietnamese disabled children has received 500 barrels of milk from Friesland Campina; 1,000 boxes of instant noodles from Acecook Vietnam Joint Stock Company and 300 kg of rice donated by donors, totaling nearly VND 200 million. All the gifts have been presented to eight centres for raising disabled children in Ho Chi Minh City and Binh Duong province.
* The qualifying round for Fami Kid 2017 will take place from June 2 to 20 in the provinces of Yen Bai, Thanh Hoa, Gia Lai and Binh Phuoc. The 22nd annual tournament was hosted by the Children's Newspaper in 2005 for children aged 10 to 11 years old. This year's tournament attracted 35 teams from 30 provinces and cities.